We are seeking an experienced full or part-time accountant / full charge bookkeeper / QuickBooks ProAdvisor to join our team. As one team member puts it, we are “common sense with a little bit of rock and roll.” As an Intuit Channel Partner (QuickBooks Solution Provider), we offer expert consulting in the full line of QuickBooks products, plus consulting on concrete value-added 3rd party add-ons that work well with QuickBooks. We can be fast-paced, but don’t work outside of 9-5 M-F (except in emergencies), and are not open weekends. This is an opportunity, and turns into what you make of it. Dedication, excellence, customer service and teamwork are rewarded.
You can read some of our team posts here, on our website (and you may be featured there one day, too).
We are seeking a fixer, a get-it-doner, a think-on-your-feeter, who likes to make things fun for their clients or employer, and who can pursue the shortest path to resolution on a daily basis. This is the perfect opportunity for someone enthusiastic about QuickBooks (we know who you are!). If you are the person who convinced your boss that QuickBooks was the tool they needed, took a small business out of the receipt box and into QuickBooks software, or finds things every day that work better using a feature in QuickBooks no one knew about, we need you. (Seriously, please apply if any of these scenarios apply to you).
We are looking for a rock star, and we will treat you like one. As a member of our team you get:
- 2 weeks part-time vacation/sick time per year (40 hours total), provided you work 20+ hours per week
- QuickBooks ProAdvisor certification
- Bi-weekly pay schedule
- Work from home
- Flex schedule (we live by Google calendar)
- Paid holidays (4 hrs per holiday), provided you work 20+ hours per week
- Consulting clients on the best QuickBooks for their needs, which may include:
- Providing demos online or in person
- Making client visits as needed
- Answering follow up questions, and checking in during a sales cycle of 6 months on average
- Providing support after the purchase or project by answering questions timely and following through on promises and client expectation
- Implementing QuickBooks Enterprise projects and offering training on Enterprise, Online and other QuickBooks solutions
- Managing client inventory in Enterprise
- Building custom reports using drag and drop and/or Qlikview/Advanced Reporting
- Writing the occasional blog post
- Relief sales admin and customer service support
- Relief bookkeeping (could include running payroll, bank reconciliations, running reports, etc)
- Local travel on occasion, with overnight travel 1-2 times a year
The ideal candidate will have:
- A strong comfort level using and learning apps and different programs to do their job daily (we use an average of 6 different programs every day)
- Must be self-directed. Due to the nature of the position we require someone who is able to self-manage efficiently.
- Reply timely to emails and phone calls
- 5+ years stable experience in bookkeeping for small to medium sized organizations, showing progressive increase in duties, or a full charge role
- Experience filing 1099s and sales and use tax filings
- QuickBooks experience – intermediate/power user
- Experience with Google Apps
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills (need to do things like VLOOKUP, CONCATENATE, filter, pivot tables, etc)
- Experience with QuickBooks Enterprise and managing/maintaining inventory in QuickBooks
- Critical thinking ability
- Awareness of deadlines and the strong ability to not miss them
- Ability to keep daily time logs for billing and payroll with accuracy and notes (this is critical)
- Experience training others
- A fully functional home office
- The ability to commute to Monroe, NC, as needed for training, onboarding and regular meetings
- Strong communication and writing skills are a must
- English – Spanish bilingual would be a bonus
- Professional demeanor and professional handling of confidential information a must
- Ability to acquire QuickBooks certification within 30 days (required)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or a related field, or an Associates degree with equivalent experience.
- Additional bonus points if you are on track to be (or are) a Certified QB ProAdvisor, CPA, Certified Bookkeeper or Enrolled Agent.
Candidates will undergo a background check and be required to complete a QuickBooks evaluation both online and via interview. If interested, please send cover letter, resume, and 2-3 references. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. This is a part-time employment position. Contractors will not be considered without proof of Errors and Omissions, workers compensation and GL insurance. Local candidates to Monroe, NC, preferred. 90 days probationary period. NDA and Non-Compete will be required.
Send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com.